Finance and Administration Officer
WORK TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Virginia, Brisbane QLD
Due to an exciting period of growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance and Administration Officer to provide daily finance support.
We are currently seeking a team orientated, experienced Finance and Administration Officer to join our Queensland team.
You will enjoy the challenge of varied tasks, multiple stakeholders and internal and external interactions. You will be driven to provide a timely service of support.
About the company
Genesis Equipment is involved in the supply and maintenance of a broad range of premium brand equipment to the automotive and trucking industries throughout Australia. Genesis Equipment has developed an impressive client base, consisting of; car dealerships, truck dealerships, mining companies, metropolitan councils and mechanical & automotive workshops.
Genesis Equipment’s core strength is in the service and customer care we offer and supply to all our customers, we are looking for someone who has the skills and same values to work in our head office.
About the position
Reporting to the General Manager you will be responsible for the financial and administrative duties of the business, your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Finance Duties
• Accounts Payable
• Compulsory Accounts Receivable experience
• Take responsibility for the accounts receivable function – update debtor notes, prepare weekly debtor/Creditor reports
• Financial Reporting
• Loans Management
• Administration Duties
• Answer and direct incoming calls
• Office inventory control
• OH&S implementation and Control
• Employee human resource requirements
• Stock and inventory control assistance
• Full time work (flexible working hours where appropriate)
The successful applicant will:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
• Experience with Xero accounting, Microsoft Office, Excel, and Simpro. Experience with Simpro is preferred, but not mandatory
• Accurate data entry skills and strong attention to details developed from a finance background
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Experience in administration management
• Ability to work under pressure and maintain good working relations with others
• A strong work ethic
• Strong customer service and conflict resolution skills
• An ability to work within the company culture
Why join us?
• Market competitive salary
• Team environment
• Excellent working conditions
• Join our successful and growing company where we can offer you the opportunity to grow your career
• Excellent company benefits
• Positive “can do attitude” with professional presentation
• Strong communication skills
• Problem solver, be able to use your initiative
• Willing to work as a team
• Be prepared to be part of our growth expectations
• Ability to work extra hours as and when required
• Current Driver’s license
Apply today to join an organisation that delivers innovative, safety-focussed and performance driven solutions that can provide genuine opportunities for growth and development of your career.