Workshop Equipment Technicians
WORK TYPE: Permanent
LOCATION: Virginia, Brisbane QLD
Do you have a “hands on” approach? Can you be a team player who appreciates being part of a positive working environment?
The successful applicant will help achieve monthly targets and strive to improve our team.
You will work closely with the Parts, Sales and Project teams making sure you always go that “extra mile” as we have a strong internal focus. Overall ensuring that you provide superior customer service to both our internal and external customers.
About the company
Genesis Equipment is involved in the supply and maintenance of a broad range of premium brand equipment to the automotive and trucking industries throughout Australia. Genesis Equipment has developed an impressive client base, consisting of; car dealerships, truck dealerships, mining companies, metropolitan councils and mechanical & automotive workshops.
Genesis Equipment’s core strength is in the service and customer care we offer and supply to all our customers, we are looking for someone who has the skills and same values to work in our busy service department.
About the position
As a workshop equipment technician; you will be required to travel to customers locations and carry out servicing, repairs, inspections, installations to a range of workshop equipment including: vehicle lifts, wheel equipment, etc; in accordance with Australian compliance/standards and as specified by Genesis Equipment.
You need to identify and rectify equipment faults focusing on Genesis Equipment products and services.
Occasionally as required; perform work and training that will involve travel away from home.
• Service equipment as required to keep in proper and safe working condition.
• Successfully repair all customer workshop equipment focusing on Genesis Equipment core products.
• Performs safety inspections on equipment.
• Conducts preventive maintenance to avoid unnecessary repairs and down-time.
• Conduct Installation of workshop equipment focusing on Genesis Equipment core products.
• Carryout diagnostic procedures and technical support both internal and external customers.
• Maintains a clean and safe shop, vehicle and/or work environment.
• Meets all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned buy the supervisor.
The successful applicant will:
• Hold relevant & valid qualifications as required – Minimum Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent or have necessary experience within the industry of workshop equipment.
• Possess a current valid Australian driver’s licence
• Excellent customer service and time management skills
• Be fit and able to carry out manual labour
• Comply with WH&S rules, regulations and procedures
• Be positive and have a ‘can-do ‘attitude
• Be reliable & punctual daily
• Be flexible and will be required to travel overnight at times
• Great communication skills
• Ability to talk through technical issues with customers and internal staff over the telephone
Why join us?
• Market competitive salary
• Team environment
• Excellent working conditions
• Join our successful and growing company where we can offer you the opportunity to grow your career
• Excellent company benefits
• Previous experience in workshop equipment or similar preferred
• Experience in repair, maintenance of mechanical and/or electrical equipment preferred
• Positive “can do attitude” with professional presentation
• Strong communication skills
• Problem solver, be able to use your initiative
• Willing to work as a team
• Be prepared to be part of our growth expectations
• Ability to work extra hours as and when required
• Current Driver’s license