Bendpak Australia – It’s summer – that time of year in Australia where we celebrate the festive season and many businesses take a well-earned break.
If your workplace is shutting down over Christmas, and you find yourself with some free time on your hands, it could be a great opportunity to create a dream workshop at home!
Genesis Equipment is the exclusive Australian distributor of some of the industry’s most highly respected vehicle and workshop maintenance brands.
We are well-versed in workshop setup advice with names like Stertil-Koni, Dannmar, Ranger, Sicam and Quick Jack in our portfolio.
Another of our exclusive brands is Bendpak. As the home of Bendpak Australia, Genesis can provide everything you need to achieve your dream workshop fit-out.
Bendpak is known as the Benchmark of Quality™, setting the standards for research, safety and quality for its competitors globally.
Not all workshop equipment is created equal, and Bendpak is a testament to this. All of the brands offered by Genesis Equipment are leaders in their field and are precision engineered to exceed all safety, quality and efficiency requirements.
Here is a side-by-side comparison that we did comparing Bendpak 2 post hoist components and safety features to competitor brands.
When shopping for your home workshop, you probably have a long list of must-have equipment. Bendpak Australia has an extensive product range, and no single item has been overlooked.
Available right here in Australia from Genesis Equipment, here is a selection of Bendpak products to deck out your garage:
|Two-Post Lifts||Parking Lifts||Four-Post Lifts|
|Mobile Column Lifts||Alignment Lifts||Low-Rise Scissor Lifts|
|Mid-Rise Scissor Lifts||Full-Rise Scissor Lifts||Parking Lifts|
|Mobile Column Lifts||Portable Car Lifts||4-Post Bridge Jacks|
|Car Lift Accessories||Hydraulic Power Unit|
|Tire Changers||Wheel Balancers||Brake Lathes|
|Wheel Aligners||Wheel Weights||Tire Repair|
|Inflation Cages||Manual Wheel Service||Wheel Service Accessories|
|Air Compressors||Pipe Benders||Oil Filter Crushers|
|A/C Recovery Machines||Swamp Coolers||Shop Presses|
|Hose Reels||Parts Washers||Carts and Dollies|
|Floor Jacks||Workbenches||Motorcycle Lifts|
|Transmissions Jacks||Oil Drains||Jack Stands|
|Supports and Cranes|
If you’re taking the time this summer to plan and set up your home garage workshop, you may be wondering where to start! It is important to plan from the ground up so that you have maximum safety and efficiency and avoid unnecessary costs due to obstacles that have been overlooked.
Steve and Simon from Genesis have put together a great 12-point checklist for you to work from when planning your home workshop:
1. Check the thickness of your concrete slab.
Minimum concrete thickness – Bendpak minimum specifications for up to 4500kg 2 post hoist and 12200kg 4 post hoists are:
This blog post has more detail and concrete floor requirements for specific Bendpak Australia products.
2. Check the height of your roof is suitable for the hoist/lift equipment you are installing.
If your ceiling is quite low, this article has some great options for low ceiling car hoists.
3. Select the most appropriate size for your workbench and the most efficient positioning/location.
4. Decide on your air/water hose and reel location.
5. Plan the position of your air compressor – keeping in mind that they can be very noisy when in use.
6. Choose an appropriate oil drainer size and storage location.
7. Plan your storage area to provide the most effective storage available in the space that you have – one can never have too much racking, shelving and cupboards in a workshop!
8. Check safety equipment meets all standards – fire extinguishers, fire blankets, ear protection, helmets, masks, eye baths, high-vis vests should all be considerations. Further reading about safety regulations can be found here.
9. Select your floor jack/hoist from the available products. Ensure that you have chosen a set-up with the appropriately sized and weighted axle stands and floor jack for your type of usage. This is an important step to avoid equipment failure and potential injury or vehicle damage. You can find some more tips for choosing the right hoist here.
If you are considering a scissor-lift for your home garage, this article may help you decide.
10. Choose an appropriately sized tool chest, and select the location for all tool chests and toolboxes. The old saying goes that there’s a right tool for every job – make sure that they are easily accessible and safely stored whenever you need them.
11. Plan appropriate ventilation according to safety regulations and to ensure maximum comfort while you work.
12. Go shopping! Purchase your Bendpak Australia equipment with confidence and begin your dream workshop fit out.
If you’re using your summer downtime to give your workshop a facelift, we would love to see the results! Share some before and after’s on your social media, and be sure to tag #genesisequipment and #bendpakaustralia so that others can benefit from your tips too.